2. How big is a whale, really?
3. It was an occasion for silly hats, and Brad did not care for hats.
4. ‘If’ and ‘When’ and ‘How’– they all mean such subtly different things.
5. “The parade’s coming! I hear the– oh, no.”
6. He had worked at the fair for 25 years and he did the same routine at two o’clock each day.
7. She was a hesitant pianist.
8. The sky was orange for days from the far-off fires.
9. The latest thing to catch her interest was mushrooming.
10. “If you only knew how precious you were,” said Aunt Margaret in a tone that said something else entirely.
Share your 10 First Sentences in a comment– or write what comes next!